Friday, January 3, 2014

Talking Teen Wolf: New Year, New Teen Wolf


Last time I spoke to you it was 2013 and now it’s 2014 so yay congratulations on making it around the sun one more time. It was touch and go for a minute there but we made it and I’m pretty proud us. I think we deserve a reward don’t you? How about new Teen Wolf episodes? Well that’s what you’re getting whether you want it or not to be grateful dammit. Anyway, everyone has been celebrating and tensions are high so let’s talk about Teen Wolf shall we.



Pics and Pieces:




Extra Stuff:
  • TPTB have decided to utilize the untapped resource of fandom – by that I mean they used a song written by a fan about the upcoming season in a promo. The song by Julia Jones aka sterekism is fan-tastic. Check out the promo here and you can purchase the song here.
  • The big news is that everyone’s favorite American loving Brit, Daniel Sharman has finally decided to join Twitter. And he’s taken to like a fish takes to land. But seriously guys, don’t be creepy.
  • Charlie Carver was interviewed for TheBacklot and there are some quotes from our intrepid leader, Jeff Davis, over at TVFanatic.
  • The main titles got a creepy update – now everything’s in shades of red. Check them out at FearNet.
  • Titles for all twelve episodes have been revealed:

  • And here’s a little hint of 314 ‘More Bad Than Good’: “Scott and his friends ponder catching the werecoyote before it is hunted down; an unlikely ally helps Derek and Peter break out” (via SpoilerTV). Don’t freak out or anything but word around fandom is that the Argents rescue the Hales.

Bite Con Bits:



GUESS WHAT? Bite Con is this year!!!!!!! It’s so exciting. We still have less than 4 months to go but it’s all suddenly becoming real. I hope to see a lot of you in LA but for those of you that can’t make it don’t worry because you will get an incredibly detailed description of me crying for three days. Let’s face it, we know that’s what’s going to happen.

Anyway, the topic of the moment is volunteers! These kind of events can’t run on enthusiasm alone, they actually need some people to help out and as someone that has been a volunteer for many events in the past I can tell you that it’s a fantastic experience. This one is extra special because it’s the first Bite Con ever – if you do this you will be part of history. Check out the details here.

In other news, the Bite Con team have put a couple of teasers up on the website to entice you further. Scheduled events will include: A Beer Tasting (for those of us over 21), A Tea Party – hosted by the girls from Not Another Teen Wolf Podcast – and the Howl at The Moon Karaoke Prom! They will also have the usual celebrity panels and photo ops but the best part is that they will also have a bunch of fandom fun. Like a “fan-run, fan-voted on panel, fan discussion panels and an emphasis on fan inclusion throughout the weekend”. Awesome right?!?!?

Friendly reminder that you should totes message The Bite Con peeps and inform them that you want to hear me talk. Because I’m awesome.


Spoilerific!


By this stage we know basically everything we are going to know before new episodes begin on Monday but there have been a couple of cool tips to come out in the last couple of weeks that have increased my anticipation of 3B. The most obvious is that everyone is freaking out about the preview clip that was shown on New Years Eve and it’s pretty easy to see why.

It’s Scott and Stiles. It’s Scott struggling to control his shift – it’s Stiles being completely sure that Scott won’t hurt him even though Scott is worried that he will. It’s the fact that it takes place in the high school – during school hours! They are trying to reconcile the ordinary with the supernatural. It’s everything that was missing from 3A. I’m really trying not to get my hopes up, I swear.

The most exciting piece of news comes from Tyler Posey who was interviewed for EW.com. He said:
We’re going back to the pace of the first season of Teen Wolf. There are obviously some huge things that we’ve never done on Teen Wolf that we’re doing this season, so it’s going to be crazier, but it’s a lot slower, which adds this very creepy, horror film-ish element to the show.”
Did you hear that? It’s like music to my ears! Things are going to be slower and as long as they don’t mean more slo-mo it can only be a good thing. My hopes, they’re up. I can’t help myself. If this comes back to bite me in the ass (and not in a sexy way) then feel free to say I told you so. 

An Open Letter to… Everyone.

Dear Teen Wolf cast, crew and fandom,  
Let’s get a little mushy for a moment because it’s that time of year. I know these open letters are a time for me to write ridiculous things to people that will never actually read them. But just shut up and listen for a moment because you’re awesome.  
Just before Christmas I wrote an incredibly self-indulgent blog post explaining that Teen Wolf (and everyone involved with it – yes that means you) saved my life. Despite my tendency for hyperbole I was genuinely being honest. So let’s pretend this is some kind of holiday special and say that I love you guys like I love cake… and I really love cake. A lot. Do not underestimate my love for cake.  
Love,  
UndieGirl P.S. 
I love you all equally, but I might love Tyler Hoechlin a little bit more because abs and sunshine smiles. You understand right?

Tweet of the Week: Daniel Sharman


He’s only been on Twitter for a short time but he’s already stolen our hearts. If he keeps this up he’ll become my new favorite tweeter (is that a word? It is now).

Epic Instagrams: 

Just adding Instagrams in here because a picture is worth a thousand words... Like this one. In 2014 I would like to see more of this friendship please... 



And that is all for this week. See you after the premiere (if we survive that is).